Sunday, September 12, 2010

Drawing back the curtains




Well, thankfully Australia now has a government and what a relief as people were just walking around like zombies not knowing what to do with themselves. The public servants especially were milling around without direction or purpose, though quite amazingly there seems to have been no change evident there. More monumental was the shift in paradigm from Winter to Spring and – finally – the riddance, I hope, of my horrible little cold. So much so, that I felt able – if not willing – to exercise again, clocking up a few metres in preparation for the 9,000 next week. I should be running again this afternoon, but instead find myself writing this blog, putting it off for as long as possible.



With less than two weeks to go until I visit Europe again, part of me is a bit sad to miss out on the warming of the weather, the greening of the trees and the transition to shorts. However, the thought of leaving for a while, scoffing my face on cheese and cream teas and pork pie and lasagne and roast dinner etc etc etc, and then returning straight into shorts and BBQ-land is somewhat appealing. Much more somewhat appealing than running.

So, with my last real free day until the trip, apart from trying to squeeze in a few kilometres of mind-numbing bone-jarring movement, I happily spent a couple of hours down among the blooms of Floriade, Canberra’s very own celebration of spring. So here’s just a few pictures captured in glorious technicolour for you to dwell on. Next week, something less pleasant and serene and beautiful.












No comments: