Sunday, November 23, 2008

Snowmo

Climate change, pah! It was with some irony that I was hanging out three pairs of shorts on the washing line this Saturday as cold southerly winds blew in, bringing showers and snow on the hills. Australian summer, meh! To be fair, it’s been pretty nice, right up until this weekend which was more like a gloomy few days in Plymouth, but at least I have my hairy mo to keep me warm. Interesting exciting activities have been thin on the ground, though I did manage to make tiramisu and get out for a few hours on Sunday in between the showers.



Earlier in the week, an evening stroll around Red Hill was the order of the end of the day. Always so serene, if you ignore the echo of cars pounding the asphalt along Hindmarsh Drive down below that is. Even then, it was a bit cloudy and cool, but it did provide one of those famous Canberra red skies.





Being indoors, grumbling about the weather typically means I end up eating lots of nice food as consolation, including my delicious tiramisu. By Sunday afternoon though I was keen to walk it off, even just a little bit, so headed to the north side of town and a slightly soggy Goorooyaroo just for the silly sounding name which means “Go roo, you are a roo” (hmm, perhaps).

Hopefully the weather will pick up (it is bound to given I’ll be stuck at work) but then I wouldn’t be surprised if an active upper level trough returns just in time for a downpour on Sydney Harbour where I will be camping next Saturday night (not actually on the harbour but on an island). All I can do is rub my mo for good luck You can too, by visiting http://canberramos.blogspot.com/ and stroking the screen!

No comments: