Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ditto

It’s been on my mind a lot, weighing me down like a Tesco bag full of pork pies. Exactly how can I make this blog different when I’m doing the same things for the third year in a row? Year 1 and it’s all new like, Year 2 and there’s a bit of a different take, an alternative angle and now Year 3 here we are. What’s to say I’m not recycling photos from last year and I’m actually holed up in a grimey flat in East Croydon? The best solution I can come up with is to post the photos upside down, least that way some of you will get a taste of being down under.

Not that there’s anything bad with a bit of repetition when it’s all so warm and fuzzy like a Canberra Spring. I say Spring, but the giddy heights of 26 degrees on Saturday exceeded even my wildest shorts-wearing dreams. So, to make the most of the day, I got out and about and captured more of the same old things… wattle and gums at the Botanic Gardens, Canberra’s annual Floriade flower fest frenzy, aggressive birds and their chicks (not the Union Street type), and a scoop or two of Gelatissimo all wrapped up in warm northerly winds. Somebody’s gotta do it.



No comments: