Sunday, May 11, 2008

Random Ramblings

The fine autumn weather continues as May has brought continuously sunny days with temperatures in the high teens (…which means finally the UK is beating us). Such cool clear mornings are ideal for a bushwalk, however last week I felt the need for something a bit different with cravings of a stroll in a fresh needle covered pine forest. I could’ve just bought some toilet freshener but instead went to a pine plantation on the Eastern slopes of Mount Majura, where the Aussie critters didn’t seem too confused by the absence of gum trees.



The autumn also seems to be a special time for everyone’s favourite… sunsets! There must be something going on in the upper level atmosphere, the position of the sun and maybe just global warming or something. So it was that emerging from a carwash in the glamorous suburb of Fyshwick the sky was a glow and I popped to the nearby Jerrabombera Wetlands for a peek.


This weekend has brought a few more random ramblings with nature sightings, as I revisited Red Hill for the first time in a while.



The cool evenings are also fostering more homely, comfort food and on Sunday I cried and cried and cried in my efforts to make a big pot of Aussie Onion Soup. It was all rather hearty but a bit too oniony (Duh, I should’ve worked that one out from the name!). I could’ve cried. And now I smell like a Frenchman! Should’ve got that pine air freshener after all.

No comments: